Not all electronic claim attachment solutions are created equally.
At NEA, we specialize in claim attachments and have for over 20 years; that’s what makes us the expert in the space. Our technology works well, our security is impeccable, our relationships with payers and health plans are unmatched at over 750 and our partner-base is strong. We never drop anything to paper as most other vendors do (ask them and see.) All attachments are sent securely, electronically and immediately so that you get reimbursed within days not weeks or months.
For those that are considering moving away from paper to an electronic attachment solution – KUDOS to you, but know that you need to do your homework.
Here’s a brief checklist you can use to evaluate your vendor partner options:
- What security protocols does your claim attachment solution follow to ensure the security of Protected Health Information (PHI) managed by my practice?
- Will you sign a Business Associate Agreement (BAA)?
- How much experience do you have specifically with claim attachment submissions?
- What percentage of claim attachments do you transmit electronically versus via paper?
- What happens if you’re not electronically connected to the payer or health plan I need to submit to?
- How many payers and health plans are you connected to electronically specifically for claim attachments?
- Do you charge for training? Technical support?
- What is your track record with lost attachments?
- How many attachments do you submit monthly?
- If I sign-up for your attachment service as part of a “bundle” and find that it’s not meeting my expectations, how can I cancel?
- What types of training and support resources are available for me and my staff?
- What happens if/when I have staff turn-over and need re-training on the software?
Contact NEA at 800-782-5150, option 2 and ask us these questions. We think you’ll like what you hear.